Having muscle and feeling strong is great for you physically and emotionally. Resistance training is good for you if you are trying to lose weight, prevent injury, gain weight, improve bone health, and improve endurance training. Having more muscle will do the following for you:
* Muscle is like a fat burning furnace. The more lean muscle you have the more your metabolism will burn calories. Having more muscle will increase your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). This is the amount of calories you can eat and maintain your current weight. More muscle will help you lose fat!
* Muscle is good for bone health. Many women find out late in life that they have brittle bones. Then they are given recommendations from physicians to begin a strength training program. When you are female and over 40 it is much more difficult to build muscle but it is never too late to begin a weight training program. You should contact a professional trainer to help design a program for you.
* Look and feel better with more muscle. Having more lean muscle will help you physically and mentally.
* Injury prevention is a great reason to do strength training 2-3 times a week. Strengthening your muscles will help you in every activity you perform on a daily basis.
* Endurance athletes will find that resistance training will help in every aspect of their training. It will help with injury prevention and performance.
If you want to look great and feel great too, then developing a muscle building program is the way to go. Sometimes, it may be hard to lose fat and gain muscle on your own. The support of a certified personal trainer will help you reach your goals much faster.