When it comes to a desirable and attractive physique, it simply cannot be denied that a toned and powerful back looks extremely appealing. And when one really brings out their V-taper, it can create the illusion of having a smaller waist, which makes you look athletic and fit.
The problem is that many people find themselves storing unsightly high amounts of body fat on their backs, which can make them look bulkier than they actually are, and certainly lower a person’s self-confidence.
The truth is that you’re looking to lose your back fat, sadly there is no quick fix as it takes a great deal of time and effort before you begin to see any real improvements. The thing to remember when trying to lose your back fat, however, is that you need to lose fat all over, gain some muscle, and be consistent. The results will eventually come.
Still seriously want to lose your back fat? Take a look at these five helpful tips that will help you get the results you are looking for.
1. Diet Diet and Diet – Any article dealing with fat loss, is always going to talk about the importance of eating healthy foods instead of unhealthy ones, and rightfully so.
If you wish to lose weight, you absolutely must, without fail, ensure that the majority of your nutrition comes in the form of fresh, healthy, and natural foods which are low in sugars and trans fats.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are essential, as are lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, and even the right amounts of healthy fats, as they will speed up the metabolism and balance the muscle building hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone.
Forget processed junk foods, and instead opt for natural and healthy foods instead.
2. Train your back – Ok, training your back and performing back exercises alone won’t help you lose your back fat, per se, but it will help you build muscle mass, which in turn will burn more calories and replace the back fat once you lose it.
Compound back exercises will help you strengthen your back muscles and build a powerful back that will give you that athletic look.
3. Cardio, cardio, and more cardio – We said that you shouldn’t completely depend on cardio when cutting fat, but cardio can absolutely make things easier.
Yes, cardio exercise is absolutely essential for anybody trying to lose fat from any area on their bodies, especially from stubborn areas such as the back.
Ideally you should aim for 3 – 5 cardio sessions each week, with each one lasting around 30 – 45 minutes, when performed at a moderate pace.
As for the type of cardio workout, well, as you’ll be doing it several times each week, you may want to mix things up a little. For example: Monday could be treadmill day, Tuesday you could swim, Wednesday could be a cycling day, Thursday could be circuit training, and Friday could be hiking.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure to you really step out of your comfort zone because that’s the way to get real results.
4. Try Interval training – After a while, steady state cardio is going to get pretty boring, not to mention the fact that you will find yourself hitting a natural plateau, and the progress will stop eventually. When this happens, try doing interval training instead.
With interval training such you will alternate between bursts of intense exercise, and slow/steady exercise. Just for illustration, imagine walking for 60 seconds, then sprinting for another 30, then walking for another 60 seconds. Imagine repeating this cycle several times in the course of 15-20 minutes.
Interval training can be especially beneficial because you are done with it in a shorter period of time, and you can naturally burn more calories thanks to the “afterburn effect” where you boost your metabolism burn more calories for several hours after the workout has finished, even when you are resting.
5. Try working with a personal trainer – Targeting stubborn back fat, or any other form of fat for that matter, can be tricky, so you may benefit by hiring a personal trainer, that knows exactly what they’re doing.
For anybody trying to lose fat, a PT is a valuable tool as they will tell you exactly which exercises to perform, how long to perform them, how often to perform them, what to eat and drink, what not to eat and drink, and how to stay motivated in order to reach your.