1. For starters, lemons provide your immune system with a nice boost given that they are high in vitamin C and potassium. It is believed that vitamin C helps with colds and potassium can assist in effective nerve function and blood pressure.
2. Lemons have a great deal of what is called pectin fiber. Never heard of it, well now you have! It is very helpful in retarding your appetite and those who are dealing with weight issues can certainly benefit from reducing cravings. Research reveals that high alkaline diets, which lemons have plenty, is a positive contributor to keeping the weight off.
3. If you are looking for a natural diuretic, then lemon again can come to your rescue. By flushing out materials within your body….essentially ushering out those bodily fluids full of unwanted toxins, you are doing a good thing for your urinary tract.
4. Since lemons are a high alkaline food source and also acidic, you get the best of both worlds. Once inside your body, lemon act in an alkaline manner. Dietitians and health experts will tell you that an alkaline body is a plus.
5. Lemons also help with the complexion. Vitamin C contributes to clearing up blemishes and warding off wrinkles and with lemon’s ability to help the body purge the unwanted toxins, this also contributes to good skin health.
6. Since lemons are high in minerals and helps with removing toxins and coupled with warm water, you have an overall positive impact on your digestive tract and gastrointestinal operation. Basically, lemons help with improving digestion.
So next time you get up in the morning and reach for the coffee cup, try warm lemon water instead!